This is a lunch for my mom for work. She has ham and provolone on wheat, carrots, red pepper hummus, trail mix, and an orange.
If you know anything about Yumboxes you know that these are one of the most awesome boxes on the planet. Here are the FACTS about the Tapas Yumbox.
-All materials are food-safe, BPA-Free, Phthalates-free and are CPSIA and FDA compliant.
-Yumbox Tapas dimensions: 9.5 (l) x 6.9 (w) x 1.8 (h) inches and weighs 1 lb 6 oz.
-5 and 4 compartment tray is a larger Yumbox size for pre-teens, teens and adults. Total volume: 4.2 cups.
Now let us get to the pros of the box!
- Yumboxes are leak-proof! Say what? Yes! They are leak-proof!
- They are compact and fit most lunch bags.
- They are perfect for kids, teens, and adults.
- They have sections. Sections! The Tapas comes in 5 and 4 compartment boxes.
- They are cute! That's a pro right?
- These babies are sturdy. I'm a mom of four so sturdy is in my top five requirements for a lunchbox.
- They are top rack dishwasher safe although I don't wash them this way. I don't have a dishwasher so we wash ours by hand. Is it shocking that we don't have a dishwasher?
Now let us get to the cons.
- They aren't microwave safe.
That's it. I can not think of another thing to say about them that is a con. Actually them not being microwave safe isn't a big deal in my book. My kids don't have access to a microwave at school so they don't need microwave safe containers for packed lunches.
There you have it! This is what I think of the new Tapas Yumbox!
Get yours here:
( This post contains affiliate links. This review is my opinion. I was not paid for this review.)