Saturday, November 9, 2013

Handmade Food Picks!

Hello there! Happy weekend! I wanted to share a little project I am working on. Homemade food picks. Yes I made them. I am all about doing Bento lunches on a budget. Here in my world money is tight and with the holidays upon us I am trying to keep my Bento obsession on a budget. I made these cute little picks in less than an hour. Many of them are duplicates. I'd say I made about 40 all together. I know they won't last as long as the plastic ones but they make a great addition to my food picks. They will last until I get to place my very first Bento order with my Christmas loot! lol So without further ado I present my homemade food picks.

Aren't they cute? The cost of making these was $4.50. Now that is a deal. I am so excited and can't wait to use them. I just took two foam stickers that were the same and fitted them on the top of a plain food pick. Some of them fit together sticky sides together and the others I put together on top of each other. My mother helped me come up with this idea. I am making more tonight and will keep you updated. Have a great rest of the weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I love making homemade picks! I made some from buttons not long ago. Give me a hot glue gun and I can turn just about anything into a pick! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Tracy! Buttons! You are the smart one. lol I have some Mickey head stickers I am going to use the glue gun on. Do you think Legos would work?

      Delete