Monday, November 25, 2013

Pretzel Bites For One!

Hey there everyone! I sure hope that you all had a wonderful weekend! Mine was busy! This time of year always is, Isn't it? The kids are all in a play at church for Christmas so our weekend started off with that. Yesterday my daughter, niece and I cooked a good part of the day. We made all kinds of yummy goodies. We decided to try our hand at homemade pretzel bites! Can you say YUMMY? They were awesome. The first tray from the oven was gone in 2 minutes flat! We made three batches and used 5 lbs. of flour. They were really worth the time and effort. I had seen on a friends blog a few months ago where she had made them for her family. A special thanks to Christine from My Epicurean Adventures for the idea. We also made homemade cheese crackers and chocolate graham crackers.
Moving on from the cooking and back to lunch. I got new lunch boxes! They are so darn neat. They are the Lunch Blox Kids boxes from Rubbermaid. They are quite nifty. I bought one for the boy and one for the girls to share. We are trying them out today. I wasn't going to pack lunch today then my 10 year old wanted to take lunch at the last minute. I threw this lunch together in about 5 minutes.
She had homemade pretzel bites. Don't they look yummy? Sugar snap peas, apples, homemade cheese crackers shaped like leaves, and cheese sauce for dipping.

These are  the two lunches boxes I bought. They are cute. They lock into the ice pack. Perfect! They also fit into a rectangular shaped lunch box. I love the colors too. So bright!
 
That's lunch for today. Have a wonderful Monday!

2 comments:

  1. I have the Rubbermaid lunchblox, too. I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have the old sets too. They are not as fun though. The kids love these boxes. Might have to do a review.

      Delete